Are you a confident operations manager ready to take the helms of an ecommerce store? Do you have sharp analytical and organization skills and a background in a similar industry? Can you keep us on course, while pulling up your sleeves and diving in when needed?
We’re a fun online store in the printing and publishing space for the travel industry based in Austin, TX that’s ready to grow with your help. You'd be joining a fast moving and creative team. Expect a goal oriented work culture that mixes brainstorming, daily prioritizing, and heads down get-stuff-done make-things-happen sessions.
You'd be starting out at our downtown private office in a coworking space and helping us find our new office home (Possibly in a tiny house!)
Mission: 10% promise
Our mission is to make America globally minded and geographically literate. We do this through our products, publishing, and through our giving program. 10% of our profits go to:
- Our partnership with National Geographic's Early Explorer's Grants.
- Study abroad scholarships through another not-for-profit organization.
We believe that if all Americans had a significant experience overseas the world would be a better place and we're putting our time and money toward that.
This position is varied and far-reaching with the goal of running day-to-day operations for a growing e-commerce company. You will manage a small group, work with the founder on a variety of specialized projects, and balance multiple tasks at once while keeping staff and partnerships moving forward. Extreme attention to detail and interpersonal skills are essential. You will also be:
- Managing our current staff and hiring as needed.
- Helping build and maintain a productive and goal oriented work culture, using Asana and Slack.
- Communicating with production facilities, analyzing inventory, placing purchase orders, and performing audits.
- Managing a budget and assisting with financial decisions on growth
- Helping us grow globally by establishing relationships with new warehouses and working the logistics into our current systems.
- Assisting with research around the creation and development of products.
- Executing strategic improvements, including customer experience optimization and logistics.
- Highly analytical, detail-oriented, and results driven.
- Process driven with the ability to maintain and add to our procedural handbook.
- A resourceful and creative problem solver who executes with excellence.
- Able to work in a fluid and creative environment.
- Technologically fluent with the ability to work (mostly) at the computer.
- Experience with one of the following: ecommerce company, consumer products or printing.
- The ability to drive projects independently while managing deadlines and competing priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills- you have a good sense of humor, a positive outlook, and you can maintain positive working relationships.
- Excellent written, and verbal communication skills.
Bonus Points (helpful, but not necessary):
- Background in a similar role working with an entrepreneur or within a startup.
- Experience making hard decisions around inventory and shipping.
- Experience communicating with manufacturers and sourcing vendors.
- Familiarity with Shopify, email marketing, analytics, third party sales channels
How your success will be measured:
- Management, maintenance and decision making - Your ability to maintain the company, manage resources and staff. Growing into making quantitative decisions independently
- Procedures and documentation - Keeping a well documented handbook of processes happening with the company.
- Improving logistics - Finding opportunities and executing initiatives to improve processes.
- Growth - Leading the team with operational tasks needed to grow.
What’s in it it for you:
- Solid base salary and a results driven work environment.
- Fast growing role where your salary and position can grow quickly.
- The chance to be on the ground floor and shape a startup that’s already proven to be successful and revenue driven.
- The opportunity to lead operations of a mission-oriented brand that will be seen by millions of people.
- Space to attend conferences, company trips, including galas, and international retreats if you so choose.
Get on board:
To apply, submit a cover letter with your story and why you’re a fit. Include any measured results and success you've had in the past. Add in your resume so we have a rough idea of your background. Email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with the [ops manager] in the title to make it through the filters.
We're looking forward to hearing from you!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
- operations: 3 years
- ecommerce: 1 year