Ecommerce Operations Assistant
Two years after humble beginnings, this little but mighty travel brand is itching to grow.
For the right person, this is a dream job.
You can work from wherever you want and have a big impact on a travel brand and the day-to-day operations of the company.
Help us build a machine!
We want to inspire thoughtful travel and encourage people to explore the world. We are creating beautiful educational material, connecting travel bloggers, and designing travel gear that doesn't suck.
We need you to make sure the wheels are greased and the trains are running on time.
This is a right hand man (or woman) position.
Your number one job is to take care of the day-to-day. We need to make sure we have inventory in stock, that we're ordering the right amounts, and the inventory is arriving to the right warehouses. We need to make sure wholesale orders are fulfilled and that nothing is falling through the cracks. Randomness will knock on your door, and you'll figure out what to do with it.
You'll learn, document and organize everything including your own job.
What will you be doing the next 3 months
- Building an inventory system in excel or finding a program to manage it. Documenting and making rules for inventory and wholesale orders
- Managing a contractor to do quality control who is in a different timezone
- Researching new suppliers and ordering samples
- Interfacing with our current warehouse
- Researching new warehouses in two different continents
- Helping fulfill a large crowdfunding order
- Documenting everything you do in google drive files and checking off tasks in Asana
Your job will extend from there to:
- Managing special projects
- Helping us find new contractors
- Solving any odds and ends that come up
- Independent thinker and problem solver - You'll get vague problems sometimes and you'll be the person to figure them out. More often than not you'll do this independently by researching and asking smart questions in a bi-weekly call.
- Extremely organized and detail oriented - Little mistakes can really throw off the whole system. You have to do your work carefully and get the numbers right.
- At least 2 years experience with an ecommerce store or working in a similar field. You'll get trained and learn, but you need to come in with some type of previous professional experience.
- Ability to manage others - You'll eventually be the main point of contact for all logistics and you have to manage people. Hopefully with a few dashes of good cheer :)
- You've worked in a business with Standard Operating Procedures or at least know what that is
- You've dealt with importing products into the USA before
- You have experience with 3PLs and warehouses
- This isn't a coasting job. It will be challenging. It's a learning-oriented role for someone excited to see the ins-and-outs of a growing brand
- You'll be expected to hit deadlines and work through weekly sprints. You'll need a get-it-done attitude. If you don't know something, you'll learn it and ask help if you're stuck.
- You'll work mostly on your own. Which means you'll have to be organized and self-motivated to hit deadlines.
- It doesn't matter how many hours you put in, as long as your work is thoughtful and gets done.
- The first 2-months will be seen as a trial period and you're guaranteed to learn a ton. You'll get paid as training and then you'll have to prove yourself to grow your salary from there.
- You'll start hourly but you must be interested in a consistent full time job. We need someone who wants to grow with us.
What's in it for you?
Freedom to work where you want (although we expect you'll have a stable and consistent work environment). Lots of learning and growing. This job is meant to start as an assistant position, moving to manager, and finally as the COO.
For someone who likes to learn, problem solve and make sure things are working right, this will give you glasses full of satisfaction
How do I apply?
Email email@example.com with your letter of interest and resume/or linkedin (to get an overview of your work story). We want to know previous relevant experience, and we also want at least two referrals that we can call. Please use the the subject "[your name] - Ecommerce Operations Assistant" to be considered.